With unstinting focus on client objectives and capital preservation, Avems Investments provide high-touch investment expertise that centres on diversified solutions and a service-led approach to portfolio management. Our investment process is as disciplined as it is creative – ensuring tailored solutions with robust results.
Financial Markets - In Focus - The European Central Bank Conference - September 2017 | Avem Capital
The European Central Bank Conference of September 2017 brought to a head some key aspects, dating back to the last financial crisis. Kate Leaman talks directly with Steve Miley – Senior Financial Analyst – EMEA in regard to the conference and the various outcomes.
Kate covers the following key points during the discussion
- What were the main things we learnt from the European Central Bank press conference on Thursday?
- With the Euro-dollar rate hitting $1.21 on Friday, do you think that Draghi was right to dismiss the impact of exchange rates on his inflation targets?
- Looking forward to next week, now, what do we think the decision of the Bank of England will be on Thursday?
- When do you expect the Bank of England to raise its headline rate?
- What factors will the Bank of England want to consider in its decision?
- Do you think the decision of the Bank of Canada to raise its rates will influence other central banks to follow suit? Specifically Bank of England?
- What has the prospect of an (eventual) rise in rates had on stock markets?
- Why have they been able to discount the impact of a rates rise? Is that good for investors?
Avem Capital Financial Markets – In Focus is a discussion, debate and interview channel for those interested in the financial and global macroeconomic markets.
The delivery of expert information directly to desktops through Youtube and associated media, is a complimentary service from Avem Capital Limited and our associates. No part of this transmission may be used without the permission
ECB Official Webcast
Webcasts of ECB press conferences
The Governing Council takes its monetary policy decision every six weeks.
Immediately after the meeting, the President and the Vice President of the ECB explain the decision at the press conference and answer questions from journalists.
The press conference can be watched live at 14:30 CET and on demand shortly after.
This month's webcast can be found here (will open in new tab)
This document is not investment advice or intended as a recommendation to buy or sell any instrument covered with it. Although the statements within this document are believed to be correct they have not been verified by the author, or Avem Capital Limited and should not be relied upon when considering the merits of any particular investment. A recipient should consider its own financial situation, investment objectives and seek independent advice, where appropriate, before making any investment. All presented data may be subject to slight variations. Your Capital is at Risk.
Avem Capital Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under number 10683565.
The company's registered office is 3 London Wall Buildings, London EC2M 5PD.