At Avem Capital, we engage in both human and technological insight into the management of risk. The measures we adopt to reduce unnecessary risk include onsite managerial reviews and the use of a proprietary system that monitors, manages and actively reduces risk exposures in the portfolio, from trading platforms to selection of businesses for investment. Combined, these measures assist and manage Avem Capital’s traders and fund managers in anticipating changes in our varied portfolio’s risk exposures and mitigating their possible effects to all funds.
A comprehensive approach to risk management
- Complementary investment strategies limit exposure to a single trading approach and offer the opportunity for broader gains.
- Experienced investment managers with deep expertise in their area of specialism.
- Automated risk management provides current and historical analysis of risk and trading transactions, along with up to 1000 samples per second of essential unique market data. Our automated alerts inform Investment Managers and Risk Managers if specified parameters are at risk of breach, whilst our loss limit systems intervene if a strategy is at risk of significant losses.
- Dedicated risk management expertise helps ensure that Traders & Investment Managers are operating within their risk parameters and making prudent investment choices when balancing risk and reward.
- Automated Investment Manager support provides instant feedback on trading decisions and advice on reducing risk in the future. Automation of routine tasks reduces human error and frees up our Investment Managers to focus on the important task of analysing investment opportunities.
- Failure and emergency risk mitigation acts immediately in the event of a sudden or impending system failure. A completely independent offsite server acts to shroud trades and alert all relevant staff to act.