At Avem Capital we are committed to protecting your privacy. This statement describes how we collect and uses personal information. Our policy may change from time to time.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we are legally bound to protect any information we collect from you. We use highly high end technologies to safeguard your personal details, and keep to strict security standards to prevent unauthorised access to it.
If you have any queries about this privacy statement, please contact the Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at:
Data Protection Officer, Avem Capital, 63 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8AA
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We use contact information from web forms, emails, mail and telephone to send you information or materials that you have requested or to provide you a service. Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary, for example, to fulfill a query or to provide a service.
Using Our Services
To receive our service, you will be required to provide personal and financial information. We will collect your contact information (such as contact details), demographic information (like age, profession), and financial information (such as account numbers).
Contact information and financial information are used to carry out due diligence and to ascertain that you are eligible for our service. Your contact information is also used to get in touch with you when necessary, for example to be able to fulfill an investment.
Financial information that is collected is held securely and deleted on an ongoing basis. Should you not proceed with an investment, or if you should withdraw your investment, your information will be anonymised with the balance being retained by Avem Capital for the purpose of analysis.
Applying for a Job
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To facilitate the recruitment process
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- Applying for services: We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information about your mobility requirements and health). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed and used in the following ways:
- Providing and administering our services.
- Monitoring the quality of services provided.
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
We may analyse the personal information we collect to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information.
Cookies and IP addresses
We measure visits to our websites in order to improve their usability. The data we collect may contain personal information (an IP* address and/or cookies**). We do not link IP addresses to individuals. Your IP addresses are used for internal research and promotion purposes and are not provided to third parties. Cookies issued by us only contain a unique number and therefore contain no personal data. We do not link cookies to individuals other than to recognise repeat visits.
Cookies on Avem Capital’s Website
We employ a number of cookies across our websites in order to enhance the user experience, and ensure that we are able to provide the relevant content that our visitors expect.
To do this we use a combination of session, persistent and third party cookies.
Information about the cookies we employ:
- Session cookies allow our users to link their actions during browser sessions, they expire after a session and are not stored long term. We use this type of cookie to maintain a user session on the websites, we also use session cookies to collect data on how visitors use our website, for example: what type of browser they are using, what pages are popular.
- Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site to be remembered. We use persistent cookies to make our website more accessible to users. These cookies help us to provide the user with the text size and colour options they require.
You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. Your browser “help” section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings.
What happens when you link to another site?
We do not pass on any personal information about you to any other site you may link to.
Access to your information
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by visiting your Communities portal or by emailing email@example.com
Users Under 18
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone aged 18 or the general public, or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from anybody under 18 and is not an Elected Professional Investor, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about anybody aged under 18 or who is not an Elected Professional Investor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use cloud based systems to process our data. However, all data is kept by us within the boundaries of the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site and our CRM system, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our very best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By providing us with your personal data, including sensitive personal data such as on your financial status, you consent to the collection and use of this information in accordance with the purposes described above and this privacy statement; and you agree to allow us to share your details with other organisations who may fulfill your order or query on our behalf.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in the Policy, please do not submit any personal data to us.
* An IP address is a series of numbers that identify computers on the internet. IP addresses can theoretically be linked to an individual. Such linking requires additional information (particularly from the internet provider who issued the IP address or from the visitor themselves). For that reason IP addresses are considered personal data.
** A cookie is a small file that is stored on the computer of a visitor when they visit a website. If they visit the website again, the cookie shows that it is a repeat visit. Because the visitor is recognised though the cookie, cookies are considered personal data. In addition, cookies may contain personal data themselves.)